Stefanie A. Murphy is a highly accomplished criminal defense attorney with an outstanding record of successfully representing clients in a broad spectrum of criminal cases. With a strong foundation in trial advocacy and negotiation, Attorney Murphy is dedicated to providing effective and individualized representation for every client. Her unwavering commitment to justice and passion for assisting clients in navigating the complex legal system have made her a respected figure in the Rhode Island legal community.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor from Roger Williams University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from The College of the Holy Cross
- Admitted to practice law in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut
- Admitted to the United States District Courts in Rhode Island and Massachusetts
- Phone: 401-316-9423
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 401-633-6584
Attorney Murphy's areas of expertise encompass DUI/DWI, drug offenses, domestic violence, white-collar crimes, and more. Her keen attention to detail and in-depth understanding of the legal system have led to numerous successful outcomes for her clients, including acquittals, dismissals, and reduced charges.
Accolades and Memberships:
- Named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers for 2012-2018 and a "Super Lawyer" for 2019-2021
- 9.0 "Superb" rating on Avvo
- Member of the Rhode Island Bar Association
- Listed in the American Registry of Outstanding Professionals
Attorney Murphy is committed to staying current with the latest developments in criminal defense law and regularly participates in continuing legal education programs to enhance her skills. This dedication to professional development enables her to provide her clients with the highest level of representation.
Community Involvement and Pro Bono Work:
Attorney Murphy recognizes the importance of giving back to her community and is committed to providing pro bono legal services to those in need. She has served on the East Greenwich Juvenile Hearing Board and the EGSA Board, and has lectured to the Rhode Island Municipal Police Academy, as well as several police departments and law schools.
In summary, Attorney Stefanie A. Murphy's extensive experience, dedication to justice, and passion for helping clients make her a formidable advocate in the courtroom. Her commitment to providing personalized and effective representation has solidified her reputation as one of the top criminal defense attorneys in Rhode Island.