Felony Drug Possession Charges Reduced and Domestic Violence Charges Dismissed
(1) FELONY POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
(2) MISDEMEANOR DOMESTIC ASSAULT AND BATTERY
(3) DOMESTIC VANDALISM
(4) DOMESTIC DISORDERLY CONDUCT
The Law Offices of Matthew T. Marin, Esq., Inc. is happy to report the successful resolution of a case which had been pending against our Client for almost one year. The Client had been charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, unprescribed steroids. Additionally, the Client was facing domestic violence charges arising out of the same incident that included misdemeanor domestic assault and battery, domestic vandalism, and domestic disorderly conduct. As a result of extensive pre-trial plea negotiations, the three domestic violence charges were dismissed and the felony possession of a controlled substance charge was reduced to misdemeanor frequenting of a narcotics nuisance. This plea agreement means that our Client avoids both (1) a felony conviction and (2) a domestic violence conviction. The Filing, if successfully completed, will allow our Client to have the entire case expunged from his record in one year. If you or a loved one are facing drug possession or domestic violence charges in Rhode Island, give Attorney Matthew Marin a call for immediate and experienced legal advice and representation.
(1) FELONY DRUG POSSESSION CHARGE REDUCED TO MISDEMEANOR FREQUENTING A NARCOTICS NUISANCE and Filed for One Year on December 11th, 2015;
(2) MISDEMEANOR DOMESTIC ASSAULT AND BATTERY CHARGE DISMISSED;
(3) DOMESTIC VANDALISM CHARGE DISMISSED;
(4) DOMESTIC DISORDERLY CONDUCT CHARGE DISMISSED.
Practice area(s): Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence