Have you been arrested for a Rhode Island Driving in Possession of Drugs Charge? If so, a conviction for driving in possession of drugs charge will lead to an automatic suspension of your driver's license for a period of AT LEAST SIX MONTHS. Hiring a experienced Rhode Island Drug Defense Lawyer can help you avoid a criminal conviction and save your drivers license.
Whenever the police charge an individual with Driving In Possession of Drugs, there are certain elements of the case that the prosecution must be able to prove to obtain a conviction. Whenever a motor vehicle stop is involved in an arrest, the first factor to examine is whether the initial traffic stop was lawful and legitimate. Attorney Matthew Marin has been successful in fighting the initial traffic stop on grounds such as:
• Traffic Ticket was Improperly Written,
• Traffic Maneuver was not actually a Violation of RI Traffic Law,
• Even with the Traffic Violation, the subsequent search of the vehicle was improper,
• Evidence was improperly handled (chain of custody),
• Officer was outside and exceeded his lawful jurisdiction
Contact a RI Driving in Possession of Drugs Lawyer at 401-228-8271 or CLICK HERE
§ 21-28-4.01 Prohibited acts A – Penalties.
(a) Except as authorized by this chapter, it shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, deliver, or possess with intent to manufacture or deliver a controlled substance.
(3) Additionally every person convicted or who pleads nolo contendere under paragraph (2)(i) of this subsection or convicted or who pleads nolo contendere a second or subsequent time under paragraph (2)(ii) of this subsection, who is not sentenced to a term of imprisonment to serve for the offense, shall be required to:
(v) If the offense involves the use of any automobile to transport the substance or the substance is found within an automobile, then a person convicted or who pleads nolo contendere under paragraphs (2)(i) and (ii) of this subsection SHALL BE subject to a LOSS OF LICENSE for a period of SIX (6) MONTHS for a first offense and one year for each offense after this.
in Rhode Island, contact RI Driving in Possession of Drugs Lawyer Matthew Marin
immediately at (401) 228-8271.