Criminal Lawyer Smith Hill
If you are facing criminal charges in Smith Hill, Providence, Rhode Island, then you will need to hire a criminal lawyer. A criminal lawyer is a lawyer who focuses in defending people who have been charged with crimes.
There are many different types of crimes, and each type of crime has its own set of rules and procedures. A criminal lawyer will be familiar with the rules and procedures that apply to the type of crime you are charged with. He or she will also be familiar with the law enforcement officers and prosecutors who will be handling your case.
In addition, a criminal lawyer will know how to negotiate with prosecutors to try to get your charges reduced or dismissed altogether. If you are facing serious criminal charges, then you need to hire a criminal lawyer who has experience handling cases like yours.
Marin and Barrett, Inc. is a law firm that focuses on criminal defense. We have successfully defended countless clients who have been charged with crimes ranging from DUI to murder. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We will fight tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
The Benefits of Hiring a Criminal Lawyer
Hiring a criminal lawyer can have numerous benefits. Here are just a few:
- First and foremost, a criminal lawyer will know the ins and outs of the criminal justice system. This can be immensely helpful, as it can mean the difference between a conviction and an acquittal.
- A criminal lawyer will also be able to negotiate with prosecutors on your behalf. This can often result in a more lenient sentence or even get charges dropped altogether.
- Furthermore, a criminal lawyer can investigate the circumstances surrounding your arrest and look for any holes in the prosecution's case. This could lead to a dismissal of all charges.
- Lastly, a criminal lawyer can provide you with moral support throughout the entire process. This can be invaluable, as going through the criminal justice system can be an emotionally draining experience.
What to Expect During Your First Meeting with a Criminal Lawyer
During your first meeting with a criminal lawyer, you should expect to discuss the details of your case. This includes discussing the facts surrounding your arrest, the charges you are facing, and any possible defenses you may have.
You should also come prepared with any questions you have about the criminal justice system or your case. This is your opportunity to get all of your questions answered so that you can make an informed decision about how to proceed.
After you have discussed the details of your case, you will then need to decide whether or not to hire the lawyer. If you decide to hire the lawyer, he or she will represent you throughout the entire criminal justice process.
Criminal lawyers usually work on a contingency basis, which means they only get paid if you are convicted. If you are acquitted, you will not owe the lawyer anything.
You should also expect to discuss fees at your first meeting. Criminal lawyers typically charge an hourly rate, a flat fee, or a retainer.
Hourly rates vary depending on the lawyer's experience and the complexity of the case. Flat fees are typically only charged for simple cases, such as traffic offenses. Retainers are typically only charged for more serious cases, such as felonies.
When deciding whether or not to hire a criminal lawyer, you should consider the severity of the charges you are facing, the complexity of your case, and your ability to pay the lawyer's fees. If you are facing serious charges and cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for a public defender.
Smith Hill Neighborhood in Providence, Rhode Island
Located just north of downtown Providence, Smith Hill is the perfect place to live or visit for shopping, entertainment, and dining. Near Providence College and the State House, this neighborhood offers many opportunities for a fun night out.
In addition to plentiful shopping, Smith Hill also features private residences and tenement houses, making it a convenient area to explore. You can walk the three levels of stores in Smith Hill to spend an hour shopping, dining, and sightseeing in one area.
Aside from attracting workers and families to Providence, the industrial economy also fueled Smith Hill's growth. In the early twentieth century, Smith Hill became a thriving neighborhood and a major industrial employer.
Government Offices in Smith Hill, Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Department of Transportation 2 Capitol Hl, 02903
- Rhode Island Department of Administration 1 Capitol Hill, 02908
- RI Office of Library and Information Services 1 Capitol Hill, 02908
- Rhode Island Department of Health 3 Capitol Hill, 02908
- Rhode Island Division of Taxation 1 Capitol Hill, 02908