RHODE ISLAND COURT INFORMATION
COURTHOUSE ADDRESSES AND DIRECTIONS
Frank J. Licht Judicial Complex
250 Benefit Street
Providence, RI 02903
J. Joseph Garrahy Judicial Complex
One Dorrance Plaza
Providence, RI 02903
Kent County Courthouse
222 Quaker Lane
Warwick, RI 02886
McGrath Judicial Complex
4800 Tower Hill Road
Wakefield, RI 02879
Murray Judicial Complex
45 Washington Square
Newport, RI 02840
Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal
670 New London Avenue
Cranston, RI 02920-3081
General Information: Telephone Numbers
Licht Judicial Complex (401) 222-3274
Providence/Bristol County (Licht) (401) 222-3250
Kent County (401) 822-6900
Washington County (McGrath) (401) 782-4121
Newport County (Murray) (401) 841-8330
Providence/Bristol County (Garrahy) (401) 458-5272
Kent County (401) 822-6725
Washington County (McGrath) (401) 782-4111
Newport County (Murray) (401) 841-8340
6th Division/Providence (Garrahy) (401) 458-5400
3rd Division/Kent (401) 822-6750
4th Division/Washington (McGrath) (401) 782-4131
2nd Division/Newport (Murray) (401) 841-8350
Workers’ Compensation Court:
Garrahy Judicial Complex (401) 458-5000
Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal:
Pastore Complex – Cranston (401) 275-2700
Useful Information and Links
Rhode Island Judiciary
Providence County Domestic Clerk (Divorces) – Family Court
Phone: (401) 458-3200
Providence County Restraining Orders – Family Court
Phone: (401) 458-3372
Juvenile Services – Family Court
Phone: (401) 458-3260
Bureau of Child Support Enforcement
Phone: (401) 458-4400
Small Claims Clerk – District Court
Phone: (401) 458-5402
Mental Health Advocate
Phone: (401) 462-2003
Department of the Attorney General
Phone: (401) 274-4400
Office of the Public Defender
Phone: (401) 222-3492
Some Helpful Information
• Dress appropriately for court. Do not wear hats, T-shirts, halter tops, shorts, or torn jeans. Be certain that your clothing is neat and clean.
• Bring all court notices and necessary paperwork with you to court.
• You need to be on time for court. Failure to appear in a timely manner may result in a warrant for your arrest or other court orders against you.
• Arrive at the courthouse 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled court time. You will need this time to clear security and locate your courtroom.
• Free parking is available at some courthouses but not others, so plan accordingly.
- Garrahy Judicial Complex: Private lots/ garages for a fee and on-street parking – most with meters
- Licht Judicial Complex: Private lots/garages for a fee and on-street parking – some with meters
- Kent County Courthouse: FREE parking
- McGrath Judicial Complex: FREE parking
- Murray Judicial Complex: On-street parking with meters
- Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal: FREE parking
• Please note that some Family Court hearings are confidential and are closed proceedings. You may be asked to leave the courtroom.
• Address the judge as “Your Honor” or “Judge” and stand when speaking to the judge. Do not approach the judge.
• Your case may not be heard and finished in one day. It may need to be continued or postponed. You may need to return to court on several occasions before your case is concluded.
• Be prepared to pay filing fees if you are filing a petition or a complaint.
• Be prepared to pay court fines when ordered to do so.
• If you do not speak fluent English and need an interpreter, please call the court where your case will be heard, prior to your scheduled court date. Court telephone numbers are located on the back of this brochure.
• If you have a disability and are in need of information regarding access to the courthouse, please call the court where your case will be heard prior to your scheduled court date. Court telephone numbers are listed on the back of this brochure.
For a free, confidential consultation contact Attorney Matthew Marin by calling 401-228-8271 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.